So it's been almost a month since my last entry. We have been BUSY! We had lots of baby showers for me and bridal showers for Candace. We also had an AMAZING bachelorette party for Candace as well. It was 1980's themed. I promised a few people I would include a picture here, so here's one of me, my mom, and Candace at the pre-party before all of the craziness.
 |
| Yes, that is a thong leotard. |
Josh and I have finally finished the baby's room (minus one knob for a drawer on the changing table). Josh has done a wonderful job getting everything put together. Jake (Josh's dad) made us the changing table and WE LOVE IT!! The baby has lots and lots of clothes and toys and blankets and diapers! We are ready (maybe not mentally, but that will come). Here are some pictures:
 |
| The diaper corner. |
 |
| Josh built that closet himself! So handy. |
 |
| The AMAZING changing table from Grandpa Jake and prints from Auntie JJ. |
 |
| FROGGY theme! |
We love the baby's room and hope he does too. We also have the Cadwallader family bassinet for baby Cad. I don't have a picture of it right now, but that will stay in our bedroom for his first few weeks. It has held every Cadwallader baby since Josh's Grandpappy and his siblings! Very neat. Cindy (Josh's mom) made the baby new bassinet bedding and it matches the baby's room beautifully. He's already a spoiled boy!
A few weeks ago the Globas were up to Ladysmith and brought us a nice surprise for the deck. They brought one of those large lamp heaters (you know the ones that they have at restaurants). Now that the weather is really cooling off, it's going on the deck at night so we can enjoy the beautiful Northwoods fall! Love it!
I also have a new sister. Andy and Candace Globa got married this past weekend and the wedding, grooms dinner, and entire experience was such a blast. he looked so handsome and she was beautiful. The best part for me was actually the next morning when my brother called me and said, "Gina, yesterday was the best day of my life." I love them both so much, and I couldn't be happier to officially share my family with Candace. They are on their honeymoon in St. Lucia right now getting a very deserved vacation, and I can't wait to hear all about it.
As of today, nothing is happening in terms of labor. Baby Cad is due Monday, and it seems that he will make it that far, if not farther. My replacement at the hospital started on October 3rd, so she's getting comfortable to be on her own when I leave for
12 WEEKS!!!!
Well that should about catch us up. I'll keep you updated.
No comments:
Post a Comment