Well, I had every intention of blogging once a week to keep everyone updated, and now it's been three months! Woopsie! Jess is 3 months old today, and man did time go fast!
He seems to grow overnight every night. Each morning I wake him up and something is different. Every week, I have a pile of clothes to put away that he has outgrown. Last week he officially moved up to the 6 month clothes, and some of those are getting tight already. Definitely a Cadwallader baby.
 |
| Not so little! |
 |
| He looks like a teenager! |
 |
| Ready to go to the store with Papa! |
Two weeks ago, we had a pretty scary couple of days. Jess got his first cold and of course Mama and Papa felt terrible for him. The cold just seemed to be getting worse and worse until finally one night we had to take him in. It was about 2am, so we took him right to the ER. Turns out Jess's first cold turned into RSV, a respiratory infection. Poor kiddo. They put him on oxygen right away and admitted him to the hospital. They set up what I call his "Bubble Boy Crib" so he could have humidified oxygen blowing on him all the time. He slept so good once he got in there! He stayed in the hospital about a day and a half and then we went home. Grandma Cad came and stayed a couple days because Josh and I got pretty sick too. Then Baba and Dede came after that. Lucky boy has so many people who love him. Everyone is doing good now.
 |
| So happy in his little bubble! |
|
|
Everyone who sees Jess thinks he looks just like his Papa. I love hearing that! He still has my red hair though!
 |
| The boys just "hanging out" |
Jess is eating like a monster! He eats 7-8 oz bottles 5 times per day. And he doesn't spit it up! Such a big boy! Since he was eating so much, his doctor recommended we start giving him a little cereal before bed. Josh and I made some homemade rice cereal and gave it a try. Jess is still not quite ready, but we'll keep trying. We want to make sure our boy has a full belly!
 |
| Not sure about this stuff..... |
 |
| Just give me a bottle already! |
Jess in the morning is the cutest thing ever. We always sing the "Good Morning Song" and then we read our ABC's off the wall. He loves it! I just love the big stretches when I undo his swaddler. Adorable!
 |
| Our last morning of maternity leave |
 |
| Our most recent project for Jess's room. Love it! |
Jess has recently mastered grabbing his toys with two hands. Of course everything goes into his mouth, but we are impressed everytime he knows to use both his hands together.
 |
| One of Jess's soccer balls |
 |
| Jess love his elephant |
I went back to work last week, and it was so hard. I cried in my office for about 2 hours, and called the nanny to check on Jess a few times. It's tough to know that when we get home we only have a couple hours until bed time, but we make the most of it every night. Jess seems to like his nanny and so do we. Here's one of me and Jess after work one day.
 |
| Mama's big boy |
The dogs are really enjoying Jess. They give him lots of kisses and are always nearby to snuggle. Dasha might be a little jealous yet, but we'll work through that.
 |
| Josh and two of his babies |
Thanks for reading. Hopefully it won't be another 3 months until I blog again!
No comments:
Post a Comment