Josh and I had a wonderful 4 days off this weekend, and we made the trip back to the Cities to have some celebrations with family and friends.
Our Wednesday night trip started with a bit of a snowstorm in Ladysmith. The roads were dicey until we passed Weyerheauser (only about 25 miles away) and then......nothing. The rest of the trip was uneventful except for a couple stops due to a certain youngest child kicking my bladder! Jess watched the "Tigger Movie" on the way home, and even got to stay up late and play with Baba and Deedee for a while.
 |
| He loves graham crackers! |
Thursday was Thanksgiving (obviously) and my 30th birthday. We had dinner at Andy and Candace's and I got some good auntie time in there. Then we went to Chele and Owen's for dessert. I had been dreaming about Cindy's homemade pies for at least a week, so I was satisfied that day! Jess had a great time playing with his baby cousin and his big cousins all day, but, boy, did we have a bit of a crabby boy on our hands right before bed. No nap, and WAY too much fun that day!
 |
| All dressed up for the holiday. |
 |
| Cecilia Ann |
 |
| Cece and Mom |
I was planning to head out for a "mom-camera" I've been eyeing for a while, and it was a great deal. I was torn because I did not want to leave Thanksgiving celebrations to shop, but it was a GREAT deal. Well, my wonderful husband did some internet-searching and found the camera for the same price and that "deal" I was thinking of standing in line for. I can't wait until it is delivered and I can take better quality photos of my boys! Thanks, Josh, for finding that. It seriously made my weekend!
Friday was a pretty chill day. We hung out at my parents' house, and my mom and I went to a craft sale when Jess went down for a nap. That night, Josh and I met Heidi, Emily, Katie, Mike, and Jess for dinner at Granite City in MG. It was delicious, but quick. We then met Matt McEwen at the IMAX and saw Catching Fire. It was great, we can't wait for the last movie. Weird tidbit.....someone brought their (probably 3-month-old) baby to the movie.....weird?!?
After the movie, Josh, Matt and I headed to St. Louis Park to see Maiden Dixie at Toby Keith's. They were really good, and it's great to see Jesse's musical success! Looking forward to seeing them live again.
Saturday was the big Christmas tree chop day. We have missed the last 2 years because Jess was too little and it was too cold. This year, we packed up the sled (which we had to replace with a wagon because MN had no snow!), bundled Jess up, and headed to Clear Lake. We found the perfect little tree, and had fun spending time with family.
 |
| Probably the last time I wear that coat until after the baby is born! |
 |
| My hot husband. |
 |
| Happy with his sucker! |
We're still working on preparing Jess for the baby and, so far, it's not going great. When we talk about moving into his big-boy room, Jess insists that he likes his room and his bed (the crib) and will say, "No big boy bed. I have 'aminals' in my crib!" Well, this should be fun.
 |
| Who needs pants to watch football? |
 |
| Future NASCAR driver. |
Once we have all the ornaments up, I'll post a pic of the tree. Happy Thanksgiving, and have a great Monday tomorrow!
 |
| Seriously the cutest! |
No comments:
Post a Comment