Monday, April 23, 2012

Happy 6 Months Jess Augustus!

Jess turned 6 months old yesterday.  He's wanting to roll around a lot more now, so the posed pictures aren't quite as easy as they used to be.  We had his 6 month check-up today with his doctor and he is developing wonderfully.  He weighs 24 lbs 11 oz, and he is 29 inches long.  Jess is off the charts for both height and weight, but he has a normal size head (about 95th percentile), so we're fine.
Lounging

My ball

Dribbling

Big Boy!
Jess is such a big boy, sitting up on his own now.  He is a very bouncy boy, so he does fall over sometimes, but he doesn't seem to mind.  Because he;s doing so well with this, he is now sitting up for his bath time.  And he LOVES this new angle.  This kid is such a water baby already.
I'm good at sitting

So happy
Mama! I'm naked!

Toasty in my froggy towel
We went to the Cities this weekend to visit family (Baba Globa's retirement party), and to see friends.  Jess met Scott, Cindy, and Henry Shatto for the first time.  He also got to meet Mike and Lyndsey Condon.  I think he really enjoyed his time playing with all of Henry's toys!
Henry's going to get Jess!

Sharing clothes

So entertaining

Playing with Miss Lyndsey
Jess is a man of many faces.  He has recently started doing this scrunchy-nose, eyes-closed smile.  It is hilarious, and we caught a few pictures of it.  Such a silly boy!
Full mouth, silly face

I'm funny, Mama!
He tried his first meats this past week.  He ate chicken with apples and turkey with sweet potatoes.  He loved them both, just like all his food.  Jess's doctor said we can start trying some different foods like puffs and bananas, so I'll keep you updated on how that goes.  I'm sure he will love being more independent with his eating.
Mmmmm.....chicken
Josh and I are officially on the road to buying a mini-van.  I have been on that road since I was about 5 months pregnant with Jess, but Josh is finally traveling right beside me.  Right now, I have my heart set on a Nissan Quest, but we have yet to test-drive one.....so we'll see.  I think Jess and the pups would love a new ride!
Giggling with Papa

Snuggling with Mama
We are at home in Ladysmith most of this weekend, so hopefully we have some warmer weather.  Jess is missing his stroller, and I am missing our walks!

No comments:

Post a Comment