Saturday, June 2, 2012

Hello Mr. Personality!

Sorry it's been a while since my last post.  I ruin every computer I touch (just ask Josh or my dad), and this computer is no exception.  But, we seem to have everything figured out now.  Phewfta!
Mama, get it together
Jess turned 7 months old last week.  Taking pictures with his basketball is getting more difficult every month.  this boy is a mover and a shaker.  He still loves the camera, as you can see, but we may have to reassess the picture-taking-station.
Take 1

Take 2

Take 3
Jess has been crawling for a while now.  He does a sort of army crawl with his arms, but still uses his knees.  It's very unique.  He has also mastered (just this last weekend) going from a crawl position to a sitting position, so we have an even happier baby than before.  It's wonderful to wake him up in the morning and he just smiles and sits up to reach for Mama.  Such a sweet boy!
On a mission

Beautiful blue eyes
He now has six teeth.  We have received a professional opinion from our dentist about the order that Jess got his teeth.  Dr. Jason Kelbel of Marshfield Clinic-Ladysmith has diagnosed Jess as a vampire.  It's official.  He did bite me this weekend and it left a bruise, so he might be right! How weird is it that I just gave Marshfield Dental Clinic a shout-out.....?
Beautiful Boy!
I know quite a few of you are interested in our little monster's stats, so here goes: He is 7 months and one week old.  He weighed in last week at 26.8 lbs, he is wearing 12-18 month clothes at this point.  His hands are gigantic.  And I think he's 5 feet tall (not quite, but he's gotta be at least half my height).  thank God he came out littler than this!
Snuggling with Mama
Love these chubby feet
Sooo cute in shorts!
We got our mini-van!!!!  We haven't taken a picture yet, but as soon as we do, I will post it.  IT IS BEAUTIFUL.  It is a 2012 Nissan Quest and it has 2 MOON-ROOFS!  I really could have used this vehicle when I was pregnant!  It's so easy to get in and out of.  Jess likes to watch the dogs in the back seat while he rides, so we are all happy!

Jess is still eating like a maniac.  He loves yogurt melts and puffs.  All baby food is delicious.  And he also likes cooked carrots and peas.  We have been letting him try whatever we are eating as long as it's small enough and soft enough.  So far, he likes it all.  Pretty sure this kid isn't going to be one to turn down food!  We are also letting him get used to a sippy-cup.  Right now it's pretty much just another toy, but he likes it!
I feed myself like a pro

What am I supposed to do with this thing?

I love yogurt melts
Last weekend we spent a night at the cabin in Ojibwa with some of the Cadwallader clan.  Jess had a wonderful time playing with his Grandparents, aunt and uncle, and cousins.  On a side-note, there were some disgusting prehistoric bugs that actually made me jump onto my chair and stay there for a while.  Super nasty!
Jess with his cousins in the Mouse Hole

Cousin Jacob feeding Jess

Swinging with cousin Elsie and Auntie Chele
Dasha still loves any kind of attention she can get from Jess.  Diesel will only take it for so long before he goes in the other room to get away.  He's an old man now, we won't hold it against him!

Jess recently went on his first bike ride.  Here's a picture of him getting ready to go!  Josh pulled him behind his bike, I just got to enjoy the ride!
Having a blast!
We have spent some time with the Globas in the past few weeks too.  Jess has really been a traveling fool the past few weeks, and he really hasn't let it mess up his schedule too much.  He is regularly taking two 1 1/2 to 2 hour naps per day, plus sleeping about 12 hours straight at night.  He is my hero!  Pretty much every morning he has peed through his diaper and his clothes, but that is a small price to pay for a happy, healthy, rested boy!  Big thank-you to our nanny for all of her hard work getting him on that schedule.  She is wonderful!
Sweet socks

I love Baba
Jess sleeps like his Mama, he moves around all night!  Here's a couple pics of him before I wake him up in the morning.
hahahaha!

I think we need to get a wider crib.....
I'll try to keep up with these entries better.  I just don't want to spend as much time inside anymore with this beautiful weather!!!  Enjoy it everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment