The past two weeks have been full of celebration. Josh turned 29 on the 10th, and Jess Augustus got to celebrate with his Papa for the first time. Jess and I spent a lot of time baking cupcakes to share with our volleyball team and baking a golf-themed cake just for Papa. Jess enjoyed his first tastes of frosting for sure!
 |
| Happy Birthday Papa! |
 |
| Is that a 150 lb log in the back of our new van?!?!? |
 |
| Hammerschlagen! |
The other celebration is that Jess turned 9 months today! He is getting so big and strong, it's crazy. He has his 9 month doctor's appointment on Thursday, so we'll post his stats after that. He's finally thinning out a bit because of all the cruising, so I'm curious to see where he's at with height and weight.
 |
| I put my feet on everything |
 |
| So silly |
 |
| I love my Simba |
 |
| Seriously guys....I'm done with your pictures |
We have had a few cooler days lately (not 95 degrees), so Jess has been able to go for more walks and spend more time outside. He LOVES crawling around in the grass with the dogs, and he loves poking around in Mama's whiskey barrel garden. Josh just put a swing up in the side yard for Jess, and he really relaxes in there. He loves to watch the wind blow the leaves around in the trees.
 |
| This leaf is HUGE |
Jess is cruising around even more now. He is now walking just holding one of our hands. He likes to keep the other one free for exploring. He has officially outgrown his Jumperoo. He used to love it, but now he tries to climb out as soon as you put him in, so Josh is moving that to storage today.....so sad!
 |
| No pants! |
 |
| Go TWINS! |
Jess is really talking up a storm lately. His favorite syllable is definitely "D-D-D-D". Hard to tell if he is trying for Dada or for Diesel and Dasha. He loves all three so much!
 |
| He Dasha, look at me! |
 |
| Good friends |
Baba and Deedee came up yesterday, and we did a little craft-sale shopping yesterday. This weekend was Ladysmith's Mardi Gras festival so there was a lot to look at. Jess was all smiles for Baba and Deedee, and was more than happy to show off his wave, walking, talking, and other baby boy skills. He definitely hammed it up for them, and they were more than willing to be a good audience.
 |
| Snuggle-buggin |
Next weekend Josh is a single dad as I am off to Alexandria to celebrate Heidi's bachelorette. Josh and Jess will have an awesome guys' weekend, I'm sure, and I am looking forward to my girls' weekend.
Have a great week (or two)!
No comments:
Post a Comment