Jess Augustus celebrates his 10-month birthday tomorrow. Time has flown by. Our big boy is officially a walker! He has gotten so brave, letting go of furniture and toys and walking on his own across the room! Sometimes he has no agenda, as if he's thinking, "I just gonna walk around because I can!"
 |
| I really don't have a good pic of him walking! |
One of Jess's favorite things to do right now is dive-bomb onto anything soft. We put the couch cushions, pillows, patio furniture cushions, and blankets on the floor and he walks around and purposely face-plants into a soft item. He thinks he is hilarious and he is correct! We crack up every time
 |
| Cushion! |
 |
| Plumber butt! |
Jess is babbling up a storm. He has a lot of different noises and sounds, and he is really starting to try to communicate verbally. We are pretty sure he says, "Bye-Bye" when we wave to him (it sounds more like "Buh-Buh"). It's nuts. We're waiting for a clear Mama or Dada directed at one of us, but it hasn't happened yet. He does make the "D" sound when chasing Diesel and Dasha so we think he knows those two.
 |
| "Left foot. Left foot. Right foot, right" |
Jess is so much fun right now. You can just see him exploring and learning all the time! His favorite book right now is "The Foot Book." He makes sounds with us, and he loves to fake cough for us at the "sick feet" part. So smart! He thinks it is fun to hassle to dogs and to chase them with his walking toy. I think it's pretty funny too!
 |
| Playing with Diesel's tail |
We have been busy the past month. We (along with 8 of our family members) participated in the MS Mucruckus in Dresser, WI a couple weeks ago. It was a 10K mud-run/obstacle course. Let me tell you.....I was not prepared! It took us 3 hours, mostly due to me and my current fitness level (or lack thereof). But we had a lot of laughs and made it the whole way! I had a hard time getting around for the next few days, though. Way to go G3-Cadwallamuckers!
 |
| So tough |
 |
| Green Machines! |
We were in the Cities last weekend for a baby shower for my cousin. We don't know if Baby Knaeble will be a boy or girl, but we know baby will be loved! A ton of people showed up to celebrate and shower Amanda with gift for her little one. Jess enjoyed exploring his great-aunt Nancy's house and showing off his adorableness (is that a word?). My cousins Mindy and Bridget through a great shower and it was wonderful to spend a little time with them!
We also celebrated the Globa's retirement. Congratulations Baba and Deedee Globa! Enjoy your retirement! You both have worked hard for a long time, and now you get to have fun anytime you want!
 |
| Does this mean Baba and Deedee will visit more? |
I hadn't been feeling too well for a few weeks, and I finally went in to see my doctor. She took some blood and ended up diagnosing me with Lyme Disease. YUCK! It's amazing how common this is in Northern WI. It seems like everyone I know has a close friend or family member who has had Lyme Disease. Some stories have kind-of freaked me out, but as far as we know, we caught it early. Hopefully the antibiotics I'm on will work well and quickly. The antibiotics are making me sick to my stomach, so I can't wait to be done with them....only a couple more weeks.
This week starts a four-week stretch of staying in Ladysmith. We welcome the upcoming unplanned weekends. Hopefully we can get some stuff done around here.....
 |
| Family pic-after Jess's first haircut! |
Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment