So it's been awhile (as usual). But this time I have a good excuse: I can't find the cord that connects my camera to the computer.....where could it be? I have no idea, so I am just going to post an entry without any pics. Sorry Grandmas and Grandpas!
Jess has turned 11 months, he'll actually be a year old in 20 days! I cant believe how fast this time has gone. He has developed such a funny personality, we may have a comedian on our hands!
Although I don't have pictures to prove it, Jess is still a big boy. Baba and Deedee weighed him last weekend, and on their scale he was 29.4 lbs. He is tall enough to get into the bathroom vanity drawers, and he likes taking things out and putting things in. The bathroom may be his favorite room!
He likes most foods, but he's going through a little "texture" phase. He puts something in his mouth, realizes the texture is weird, and takes it out. He then will put the same piece of food in his mouth a few times, just to check. Nope, still weird!
My best friend Heidi got married a few weeks ago. Again, no picture, but she was GORGEOUS! Josh, Jess, and I had a great time. Thanks to Baba and Deedee for putting the little guy to bed so we could party-hardy!
Jess is walking like a pro, and he can now stand up without pulling up on anything! He also just recently started walking backwards. I thought he was stumbling, losing his balance, but it is apparently on purpose!
Jess is also saying a few words. No Mama or Dada yet, but he does say: Fish, Bye, Night-Night, and Tickle. Yep, he says tickle, and not Mama! That's my boy!
Last weekend was our 10-year high school reunion. It was a great party, and we had an awesome time catching up with our former classmates. It's kind-of nice that Facebook takes care of the small-talk (it lets us know what everyone is up to), so we can skip that and just laugh and reminisce. My husband wore his "Men in Black" senior t-shirt to the reunion, and he looks even better in it now than he did then.
I just recently changed jobs. My last day at the hospital was Thursday, and my first day at my new job was today. I have taken a position as the Director of two Assisted Living Facilities here in Ladysmith. Today went well, and I am really looking forward to the challenges that await me in this new position. For the next two weeks, I am training in Rice Lake, so I am going to soak up as much information as possible from now until the end of next week. Wish me luck!
This weekend our friend Nikki will be taking some one-year photos and family photos for us. Unfortunately I think we will miss the beautiful colors, but Nikki is a wonderful photographer, so they will look great no matter what.
Josh and I are happy to announce.......we are going to be an aunt and uncle again!!!! My brother Andy and his wife Candace are expecting their first child in April. I cannot wait for another baby in the family. I am convinced this is a baby girl (hopefully another redhead)! This will be our third niece or nephew and we feel so blessed. Congrats to the Globas!
Hopefully I will find this long-lost cord soon so I can post pics from the last month! Hope everyone enjoys the last few beautiful red, orange, and yellow days! I LOVE FALL!!
No comments:
Post a Comment