Monday, October 22, 2012

Happy Birthday Big Boy!

Well, we've made it a whole year!  Jess Augustus us one year old today, and I have tears in my eyes just typing this.  He is truly our biggest blessing, and life with him in it has been amazing.  Josh is such a wonderful Papa, and being a Mama is definitely the most rewarding job I have ever had.
Silly

I love my basketball!
We had a small gathering on Saturday to celebrate Jess, and he was so good.  He loved having everyone over and really took advantage of the audience!  What a ham!
Sports theme

Jess's Birthday Keg

Jess's monthly photos (1-11)
Baba and Deedee Globa and Grandma and Grandpa Cad came into town, and Jess was spoiled by them for sure!  He just loves his grandparents so much.  Thank you so much for all the help getting his party together!  Baba is quite the party planner/preparer, thank God for her!  Auntie Candace and Uncle Andy came for the night, too.  They brought pictures of Jess's soon-to-be cousin!  Candace is due in April and we can't wait for this Globa baby!
Matching jerseys
Jess enjoyed his cake (chocolate with chocolate frosting of course), and he only made a little mess!  He liked all of his gifts, but wasn't quite into opening them, so it felt like it was Mama's birthday too!

First try

I think I like this.....

I REALLY LIKE THIS!

The whole fam
A couple weeks ago, our friend Nikki Daggett took some one-year and family photos for us.  Here are some of my favorites.  Thanks, Nikki!
In the leaves

Going to be a baller!

Peek-a-boo with Papa

Great smile!

Sweet boy
Tomorrow we have Jess's one year appointment.....dreading that a little bit.  He gets a few shots, plus has to get blood drawn.  He is going to be so mad!  I plan to bring lots of treats and toys to keep him happy!

So serious
Now that we have a big boy, Jess is only taking one nap per day.  He does pretty well with it, but the timing is a little weird.  He naps around 10 or 10:30 am until about 12:30 every day.  Strange, but whatever works, I guess.  We are also on our last container of formula.....as long as the doctor agrees tomorrow.  We have been giving Jess whole milk for a while, but still using the formula too.  He eats almost as much as I do, so I think he's getting enough calories!
Bed Head!
We don't have any plans for this week until Saturday, so we look forward to a lot of family time with our one-year-old!!
Who doesn't love a naked-butt photo?!?
Thanks again to everyone who celebrated with us.  It was so fun and special.

No comments:

Post a Comment