It has now been almost four months since my last post. I keep putting it off because the longer I wait the harder it feels to catch up. So, I've decided to write one paragraph of catch-up and pretend that I have blogged weekly for the last four months. This blog isn't the only thing I have neglected, so if I haven't been great at returning any of your calls, please know you are not alone and I am sorry!!!
So Jess Augustus is now 17 moths old. He is talking a lot now. He knows his ABCs (except G, N, and X). He knows numbers 1 and 2. He LOVES his puppies ("Dee" and "Da"). He had his first and second ear infections at the same time about 2 months ago, poor kiddo. But he made it through. Even with an ear infection he was a very easy-going kid. We know he did not get that from me. He has had many visits with Baba, Deedee, Grandma, Grandpa, and his aunties, uncles, and cousins in the last few months. Is that enough of a catch-up? Good.
 |
| Playing on the deck |
Now, on to the SUPER exciting news! Jess is a BIG cousin! He has been the little cousin to big cousins Jacob and Elsie, but now he is the older and wiser cousin to little miss Cecilia Ann Globa. Congrats to Andy and Candace on their gorgeous girlie born yesterday. Cece looks a lot like her dad and we Cadwalladers cannot wait to meet her! I was lucky enough to do a little FaceTime with the beauty and I cried like a baby. My brother is a dad!!! I can't wait to teach her some soccer skills! I will post pics of her later (after I get permission from the proud parents).
Jess and I are on our own right now for a few days, Josh took a trip to Augusta, GA with his aunt Laura to watch the Masters. The sweet guy called today to ask if I had any requests for a gift. I told him no ( I just ordered myself some new rain boots yesterday, and I thanked him for those!) So since we are alone for a few days, we have been having movie time before bed each night. Jess loves the TV time, I love the snuggle time. It's really a win-win. We also are trying to get a bit more comfortable with the potty chair. Today Jess wanted to take his diaper off and sit on it. We didn't have any results today, but Jess got a lot of naked time in, so I know he enjoyed it!
 |
| Just hanging out |
We were back home for Easter. It was a blast. Jess got the hang of Easter Egg hunting very quickly, and we came home with A LOT of candy. Pretty sure I've eaten most of it.
 |
| With Papa after Easter Egg Hunt 1 of 3 |
We took the Monday after Easter off and spent some time at the Minnesota Aquarium at the Mall of America. It was perfect for Jess. He loved all the fish and sharks, and he got to touch a starfish (yuck). We really wish there were more activities like this close to Ladysmith for our family! I guess we'll just have to take more road trips.
 |
| Checking out the fish |
 |
| Looking at sharks with Papa |
This little boy is definitely a toddler now. We have tantrums daily. And he has gotten pretty good at having his mama wrapped around his finger. I have said since he was born that I knew the easy part was going to be the first few months of sleepless nights, crying, and constant feedings. The hard part is now that we need to train Jess to be an obedient, respectful, caring human being. That is terrifying! And difficult. His sweet face when he is happy (which is 99% of the time) is the best thing in the world. His crabby, angry face is a close second, though.....I TOLD you I'm wrapped around his finger!
My husband feels that as long as he puts a reminder in his phone, he won't forget to do whatever it is that he is supposed to do. So, I will put a reminder in my phone for next weekend to update this blog again. We'll see if it works!
No comments:
Post a Comment