Sunday, March 4, 2012

Busy week!

This week was a busy one at work, and I feel like I didn't get nearly enough time at home with my Mister Man.  I'm still working on managing my time at work with my time at home, but when we're busy at work it is SO hard!  I feel very guilty on the days I get home late.....hopefully I won't have too many of those.
Jess loves his puppies!
We had a semi-warm day last week, so Jess and I got the stroller out, bundled up, and went for a walk.   He made it about 2 blocks before getting mad.  He is just not used to being confined to a stroller, I think.  He's the same way in his car seat now.  We need to start trying to get him out more so he can get used to these things.  He's a lucky boy being able to stay at home, but we want to make sure he does well outside his home too!
All bundled up

Ready for our walk
Our friends, the Kammeruds, gave us some of their old baby clothes.  It included Jess's first Twins shirt.  He LOVED it and is already a Mauer fan!
Cheese!
Just hanging out in my jersey

Bouncing for the Twins!
He is still growing like a weed, and he is into his 9 month clothes now.  He's got what I lovingly call "soccer thighs", so a lot of his outfits just don't fit.  He doesn't seem to mind, though!
Bursting at the seams
Jess is still experiencing a crabby time in the evening, so a few times a week he and I will walk on the treadmill after work, so he can get a little snuggle-snooze in.  He likes the new scenery in the basement, and I get a good workout with this big guy in the Baby Bjorn.
Sleepy baby after our workout
We suspected Jess Augustus might be teething a little over a week ago, because he has been waking up in the night 2 or 3 times, and he's been a little more crabby.  I got home from work on Friday and the nanny told me to check out Jess's mouth.  He cut 2 teeth that day!  What a tough boy.  We both said that if this is as bad as it gets when he's teething, we can definitely handle it.  He has been a trooper.
Two teeth!
Jess had his first taste of green beans on Friday.  He did a great job, but he really wants to use the spoon himself!  He grabs at it just about every time we try to feed him a spoonful.  So independent already.
Delicious

Full tummy
Baba and Deedee Globa came for visit this weekend.  It was great to see them.  They got lots of smiles from Jess, and he got to show off his jumping and rolling over skills.  They were very impressed.  They just got back from a trip to Florida so Jess got some very cool toys from Disney.  Of course Dasha wanted to get a hold of them first!
Snuggling Baba

Hanging out with Baba and Deedee after breakfast

So much fun!
We got Jess in his high chair for the first time today.  He seems to like it for eating better than being held.  He likes to bang his hands on the tray a lot.  Thanks for the high chair Chele and Owen!
Big boy!

Ready for food
We are hoping to have more time at home this week, since last week was so busy.  It looks like the weather might get close to 50 degrees, so we will definitely be trying out the stroller again!

No comments:

Post a Comment